7.13.2010

Feral

The boyfriend I made an impromptu trip to the zoo. I thought I'd get in the spirit of things and do my take on a Lady of the Safari.


Neutral floral print on the inside paired with a neutral floral print with a splash of orange on the outside.

You can never have on too much floral.









Even though they didn't move at all while we were watching them, the Zebras were still my favorite.

After the initial excitement wore off, I started to feel a little guilty. I was getting plenty of enjoyment from watching these animals, and sure - they were in a nice, relatively spacious habitat, but it still didn't seem fair. These animals ought be to out in the wild, no matter how "nice" their artificial living space was. I asked one of the attendants about this, and she told me that all of the animals at the zoo were ones that were permanently injured, rescued from an unfit living situation, or had some other sort of disability, and would not survive in the wild otherwise.

Okay, I guess living in an a well-kept zoo is better than not living at all. Right?


The boyfriend and I definitely felt a little out of place since we weren't toting a kid or two around in a stroller. One of husbands at the zebra exhibit actually said "All you guys need now is a baby."

Ha. Yeah, right.


Although some of the animals were a little dull (or all together M.I.A - no tigers?), the zoo did have this pretty cool australian outback-themed train ride.




Mostly only Wallabees and Emus, but still pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your feedback :)